By now, Krypton Flo and Temble of Booth-acclaimed twosome AudioDax are likely just about settled into their new home in the City of Angels—the apartment’s furnished, they’ve found their way around town, they’ve even begun to build a healthy local fanbase. Mixtape standout/opening track September, however, harks back to the days when the Midwestern twosome were still standing on the cusp of their big move, wondering what was in store for them. With Temble’s upbeat, arpeggiated-synth beat banging in the back, Krypton vividly evokes the excitement and fear that come with an impending change of scenery. While admitting that the future is uncertain, he expresses his faith that, “with a little bit of risk and a mountain of trust,” they’ll not only survive, but thrive on the West Coast. Complete with the former’s wistful hook vocals, this cut is a compelling snapshot of a crew in transition—and a damn catchy song, to boot. Digging it? Plenty more fresh, ear-pleasing cuts on AudioDax’ Pop Rocks mixtape, released in July and available for download right here in the Booth.
Written by richard on 08/15/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.