There may not be a single sure path to success in the music game, but it’s crystal clear that Temble and Krypton Flo have hit upon one Right Way. Having charmed just about everyone in the Booth with Matter of Time, AudioDax are back with another choice cut off their latest EP. Here, the duo stick to the formula established on their first feature, and achieve similarly infectious results; Temble mans the boards, contributing an exuberant beat laced with 8-bit synths and some Owl City-esque hook vocals. For his part, Flo delivers rhymes designed to lift listeners’ spirits, mixing pop-culture allusions (“Wingardium leviosa!”) with ambitious motivational rhymes: “We started in the basement; we’re still here, but I’ll tell you I can taste it.” So, will AudioDax’s out-the-box style take them all the way to the top of the game? You tell me – or, reserve judgment till you’ve heard what the Indiana natives have to offer on their DJ Benzi x Solly Present…The Annexation , available for streaming and free download at the twosome’s official site.
Written by richard on 07/26/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.