Feeling a little under the weather, despite the fact that the weather’s, you know, beautiful? I know what that’s like, and so do Temble and Krypton Flo of electro/hip-hop Audio Dax, making their Booth debut with a cut perfectly calibrated to make bad moods disappear into thin air. That’s right: once Temble’s cheery keyboard-bell groove’s kicked in, it’s just a Matter of Time before that frown turns upside-down. While the instrumental’s vibe is about as upbeat as it gets, the lyrical content is refreshingly down-to-Earth, centered around the moments of frustration and self-doubt that often plague those on their grind. Through it all, of course, AudioDax remain convinced that they’re destined to succeed: “We’re gonna come back stronger than a Titan, flowin’ like Poseidon with a mic as a weapon…” With the kind of pop appeal they showcase here, it’s only a Matter of – crap, I already used that. Let’s just say these guys sound like they’re going places. DJ Benzi x Solly Present…The Annexation is out now, and fans should watch for another choice cut off the project to hit our front page in the very near future.
Written by richard on 06/29/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Right Way" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.