The bad thing about being on the cutting edge of the pop zeitgeist is that by definition, just about everyone else is lagging behind. Not even a group like AudioDax, whose unique electro-hop sound screams “hit potential,” is immune to the frustration of public/label obliviousness; having crafted the figurative rocket that’ll land them among the stars, Krypton Flo and Temble are now getting understandably anxious to Let It Fly. In keeping with the subject matter, the duo’s new single finds the Midwesterners putting a restless spin on their usual, ebullient sound, while retaining their trademark clear-sighted yet optimistic tone. Temble shoots for atmosphere behind the boards, blending ringing bell arpeggios with buzzing synth-bass and spacey vocal effects as his partner reflects upon their difficult grind, while pondering what the future may hold: ”On the brink of extraordinary / bright lights, so scary…” Think AudioDax are the future? Then you won’t want to miss the progressively fresh pop stylings they’re set to showcase on new full-length Pop Rocks, scheduled to hit the net sometime in late March.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.