Temble and Krypton Flo of AudioDax are about as bright-eyed and bushy-tailed a duo as the rap game has ever seen, but the industry has a way of sucking the idealism out of young talent. On newly-released promo single It Goes Cold, the Midwestern twosome speak on the difficulty of achieving one’s dreams without losing one’s soul in the process. As usual, Temble handles production duties, crafting a characteristically pop-appealing beat with a hint of melancholy, and Krypton comes with introspective bars to match. Despite his acute frustration with the material promoted in today’s industry (“So roll with all these other guys rappin’ about they party habits / Smokin’ weed and grabbin’ their balls convince you that they’re pissin’ magic. / I swear this sh*t is tragic…”), he ultimately returns to the positive themes that fans know and love: “One day we’ll laugh at all these obstacles of past, like grains of sand up in the glass.” Think AudioDax have what it takes to beat the odds while remaining true to their vision? This joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but if you’re in their corner—and haven’t already copped the project—you can hear more on the Pop Rocks LP, available for download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 11/23/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Matter of Time" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.