The title of Audio Push‘s latest video single is little too ironic for me. Though the record’s called “Turn Down,” it’s likely to make listeners do the exact opposite. Not only will you find yourself turning the volume up, you’ll want to get turnt up, too, thanks to the cut’s slurred, intoxicating vibe. Producer Matthew Burnett mans the boards, crafting a beat that’s a little off-kilter and random, but really captures the joint’s drunken mood. Atop the beat, the HS87 signees take turns delivering liquor-doused bars in their smooth, blunted flows. Midway through, the instrumental sobers up and transforms into a more lively, club-ready groove. It’s a nice change of pace that meshes surprisingly well with the rest of the cut. Turn Down appears on Audio Push’s current project, Come as You Are.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
HS87 / BOW Ent. / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teach Me How to Jerk" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.