The title of Audio Push‘s latest video single is little too ironic for me. Though the record’s called “Turn Down,” it’s likely to make listeners do the exact opposite. Not only will you find yourself turning the volume up, you’ll want to get turnt up, too, thanks to the cut’s slurred, intoxicating vibe. Producer Matthew Burnett mans the boards, crafting a beat that’s a little off-kilter and random, but really captures the joint’s drunken mood. Atop the beat, the HS87 signees take turns delivering liquor-doused bars in their smooth, blunted flows. Midway through, the instrumental sobers up and transforms into a more lively, club-ready groove. It’s a nice change of pace that meshes surprisingly well with the rest of the cut. Turn Down appears on Audio Push’s current project, Come as You Are.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
HS87 / BOW Ent. / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teach Me How to Jerk" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.