The title of Audio Push‘s latest video single is little too ironic for me. Though the record’s called “Turn Down,” it’s likely to make listeners do the exact opposite. Not only will you find yourself turning the volume up, you’ll want to get turnt up, too, thanks to the cut’s slurred, intoxicating vibe. Producer Matthew Burnett mans the boards, crafting a beat that’s a little off-kilter and random, but really captures the joint’s drunken mood. Atop the beat, the HS87 signees take turns delivering liquor-doused bars in their smooth, blunted flows. Midway through, the instrumental sobers up and transforms into a more lively, club-ready groove. It’s a nice change of pace that meshes surprisingly well with the rest of the cut. Turn Down appears on Audio Push’s current project, Come as You Are.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teach Me How to Jerk" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)