The title of Audio Push‘s latest video single is little too ironic for me. Though the record’s called “Turn Down,” it’s likely to make listeners do the exact opposite. Not only will you find yourself turning the volume up, you’ll want to get turnt up, too, thanks to the cut’s slurred, intoxicating vibe. Producer Matthew Burnett mans the boards, crafting a beat that’s a little off-kilter and random, but really captures the joint’s drunken mood. Atop the beat, the HS87 signees take turns delivering liquor-doused bars in their smooth, blunted flows. Midway through, the instrumental sobers up and transforms into a more lively, club-ready groove. It’s a nice change of pace that meshes surprisingly well with the rest of the cut. Turn Down appears on Audio Push’s current project, Come as You Are.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
HS87 / BOW Ent. / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teach Me How to Jerk" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.