Though Audio Push first tasted success as representatives of the short-lived “jerkin’” trend, they’re not about to let their 2009 debut single define them. With the latest song release off their soon-to-drop street album, they take their image into their own hands, crafting an official Theme Song for their hustle. HS87 label boss Hit-Boy handles production, layering eerie keyboard loops over a booming rhythm section as the West Coast duo tout their work ethic and the realness of their clique. Fresh off lending his flow to Iggy Azalea‘s Change Your Life, T.I. contributes a high-energy penultimate verse. Like what you’re hearing? More is right around the corner; Come as You Are hits the ‘net later today for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/9/13
Submit your Rating
HS87 / BOW Ent. / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teach Me How to Jerk" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.