As evidenced by the positive reader response to the New Boyz’ You’re a Jerk and KeKe Palmer‘s Super Jerkin’, the Booth community are nearly unanimous in their support of the jerkin’ movement—only problem is, some of us (myself included) don’t actually know how to jerk. Well, have no fear; Price Tag and Oktane of Audio Push, a Cali duo newly signed to Geffen Records, have taken it upon themselves to enlighten the masses. Though their new single (and Booth debut) Teach Me How To Jerk is a little heavy on the lingo for a complete neophyte, those who first refer to the twosome’s helpful instructional video will find a lot to enjoy here: Kadis & Sean‘s stark, synth-driven beat brims with hypnotically catchy energy, and AP’s verses come packed with so much deadpan innuendo I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or, well, jerk (I tried, and failed pretty badly). Craving more jerk-able jams? Stay tuned for further info on the duo’s debut LP, which has yet to receive a title or release date.
Written by richard on 08/5/09
Submit your Rating
HS87 / BOW Ent. / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Galactic 2" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.