Audio Push‘s paper chase has taken the duo far from their ‘hood lately, but Inland Empire hasn’t forgotten ‘em. Far from it—when Oktane and Price Tag make their triumphant return, they expect to receive a Parade in their honor. As they make clear over label boss Hit-Boy‘s brass-led boardwork, their achievements represent something much bigger than them: “We will parade and we will celebrate the overcoming of generational curses that were designed to make our families feel worthless.” You’ll be able to find this inspiring joint and much more on HS87‘s We the Plug compilation, due out next Tuesday, May 27.
Written by richard on 05/20/14
Submit your Rating
HS87 / BOW Ent. / Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Teach Me How to Jerk" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.