Medically speaking, audiology can be defined as the study of hearing, including the diagnosis and treatment of hearing loss. As its founders define it though, Audio-Ology is something for those of us without a good application of the sense, and a cure for the music industry as a whole. That’s a tough hill to climb, but Detroit native Chaz Logan and Louisiana-born Zach Goyne are making a damn good attempt with their new single Pretty Girls, which also doubles as their DJBooth debut. Their signature sound, a fusion of rock and hip-hop, is immediately evident (in a good way) as the production from THX drives Ology’s upbeat ode to the beautiful dimes of the world. The combination of a the duo’s soulful hook and catchy, flowing bars are nothing short of unique and is truly a breath of fresh air as the summer winds down. Fittingly, I think all the pretty girls will have this on repeat. If you liked this breaking of the sound barrier, be sure to keep a lookout for their latest project, Dirty Laundry, which has yet to receive a release date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.