Not succumbing to the pain of the struggle is a theme that can be heard in every genre of music, but it’s the “rise from the fire like a Phoenix” attitude that hip-hop exudes which captures the pursuit of success the best. From hustler anthems to the underground artist’s desire to climb out of the cellar, there are hundreds of songs that give a boost to the “can-do” attitude in some way. On the The Audible Doctor and maticulous‘s newest joint effort, Broken Cup, rapper TAD paints a picture of reality and hope over a smooth guitar laden beat that creates the perfect backdrop. The freshly minted duo are going by Audimatic (not to be confused with the phonetically similar Milwaukee rapper/emcee duo AUTOMatic) and are using this song and corresponding video –directed by Bludainian Banks – to push maticulous’ brand new project, The maticulous EP. Fans can also expect a brand new Audimatic single to drop on March 13!
Written by JC Poppe on 02/21/12
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.