Not succumbing to the pain of the struggle is a theme that can be heard in every genre of music, but it’s the “rise from the fire like a Phoenix” attitude that hip-hop exudes which captures the pursuit of success the best. From hustler anthems to the underground artist’s desire to climb out of the cellar, there are hundreds of songs that give a boost to the “can-do” attitude in some way. On the The Audible Doctor and maticulous‘s newest joint effort, Broken Cup, rapper TAD paints a picture of reality and hope over a smooth guitar laden beat that creates the perfect backdrop. The freshly minted duo are going by Audimatic (not to be confused with the phonetically similar Milwaukee rapper/emcee duo AUTOMatic) and are using this song and corresponding video –directed by Bludainian Banks – to push maticulous’ brand new project, The maticulous EP. Fans can also expect a brand new Audimatic single to drop on March 13!
Written by JC Poppe on 02/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.