Not succumbing to the pain of the struggle is a theme that can be heard in every genre of music, but it’s the “rise from the fire like a Phoenix” attitude that hip-hop exudes which captures the pursuit of success the best. From hustler anthems to the underground artist’s desire to climb out of the cellar, there are hundreds of songs that give a boost to the “can-do” attitude in some way. On the The Audible Doctor and maticulous‘s newest joint effort, Broken Cup, rapper TAD paints a picture of reality and hope over a smooth guitar laden beat that creates the perfect backdrop. The freshly minted duo are going by Audimatic (not to be confused with the phonetically similar Milwaukee rapper/emcee duo AUTOMatic) and are using this song and corresponding video –directed by Bludainian Banks – to push maticulous’ brand new project, The maticulous EP. Fans can also expect a brand new Audimatic single to drop on March 13!
Written by JC Poppe on 02/21/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.