How do you tell fake hip-hop from the Genuine article? Since you can’t scribble on a record with a counterfeit detector pen, or test its resistance with your teeth as if it were a gold doubloon, you’ve pretty much got to settle for what Wikipedia calls the Elephant Test: it’s hard to describe, but you know it when you see (or, in this case, hear) it. By that measure, I’m happy to say that Audible Doctor‘s latest single passes with flying colors. Fresh off helping us beat stress on the reader-acclaimed Resonate, the Brown Bag All-Stars emcee and producer returns to remind us what real sounds like on the latest song release off his forthcoming EP. Over his own moody production, centered around a plaintive, chopped vocal sample, the good Doctor is joined on the mic by Blacastan (Blak Madeen and Tragedy Khadafi‘s collaborator on the recently-featured Ready for War) and Poor Righteous Teachers member Wise Intelligence. If you’re still hungry after experiencing this smorgasboard of dope flows, you’ll be able to find more hard-hitting underground bangers on I Think That…, scheduled for release September 25.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
AMD Music/Brown Bag Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Church Night (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.