How do you tell fake hip-hop from the Genuine article? Since you can’t scribble on a record with a counterfeit detector pen, or test its resistance with your teeth as if it were a gold doubloon, you’ve pretty much got to settle for what Wikipedia calls the Elephant Test: it’s hard to describe, but you know it when you see (or, in this case, hear) it. By that measure, I’m happy to say that Audible Doctor‘s latest single passes with flying colors. Fresh off helping us beat stress on the reader-acclaimed Resonate, the Brown Bag All-Stars emcee and producer returns to remind us what real sounds like on the latest song release off his forthcoming EP. Over his own moody production, centered around a plaintive, chopped vocal sample, the good Doctor is joined on the mic by Blacastan (Blak Madeen and Tragedy Khadafi‘s collaborator on the recently-featured Ready for War) and Poor Righteous Teachers member Wise Intelligence. If you’re still hungry after experiencing this smorgasboard of dope flows, you’ll be able to find more hard-hitting underground bangers on I Think That…, scheduled for release September 25.
Written by richard on 09/12/12
Submit your Rating
AMD Music/Brown Bag Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Church Night (Remix)" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.