Thanks to the independent success of her debut album Same Girl (whose single Ewww Ewww peaked on our underground charts and became a focal point for numerous press releases), Twin Cities fly girl Auburn landed herself a deal with JR Rotem’s Beluga Heights label via Epic/Koch. Shortly after her flight from St. Paul to Cali, the 18-year old phenom unleashes her first buzz single from her upcoming debut. Much in the same vein as Ewww, Auburn once again turns down a ‘big shot’ dude, seeing right through his Superman-like front. Catering directly to his young artist, Rotem provides a party-ready beat to help Superman leap tall charts in a single (more or less) bound. Will Auburn follow in Sean Kingston’s footsteps? Find out later this year.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/08
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ewww Ewww" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.