Thanks to the independent success of her debut album Same Girl (whose single Ewww Ewww peaked on our underground charts and became a focal point for numerous press releases), Twin Cities fly girl Auburn landed herself a deal with JR Rotem’s Beluga Heights label via Epic/Koch. Shortly after her flight from St. Paul to Cali, the 18-year old phenom unleashes her first buzz single from her upcoming debut. Much in the same vein as Ewww, Auburn once again turns down a ‘big shot’ dude, seeing right through his Superman-like front. Catering directly to his young artist, Rotem provides a party-ready beat to help Superman leap tall charts in a single (more or less) bound. Will Auburn follow in Sean Kingston’s footsteps? Find out later this year.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/08
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ewww Ewww" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.