Thanks to the independent success of her debut album Same Girl (whose single Ewww Ewww peaked on our underground charts and became a focal point for numerous press releases), Twin Cities fly girl Auburn landed herself a deal with JR Rotem’s Beluga Heights label via Epic/Koch. Shortly after her flight from St. Paul to Cali, the 18-year old phenom unleashes her first buzz single from her upcoming debut. Much in the same vein as Ewww, Auburn once again turns down a ‘big shot’ dude, seeing right through his Superman-like front. Catering directly to his young artist, Rotem provides a party-ready beat to help Superman leap tall charts in a single (more or less) bound. Will Auburn follow in Sean Kingston’s footsteps? Find out later this year.
Written by Burmy on 03/25/08
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ewww Ewww" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.