Although DJBooth has premiered various hit singles and interviewed some of the urban music industry’s biggest stars, our proudest moments come when an indie artist’s feature leads to a big break with a major-label deal. Such a moment occurred this past January, when Auburn (whose single Eww Eww placed on our Underground charts and was covered by her hometown newspaper) signed a major deal with super-producer J.R. Rotem‘s Beluga Heights label via Epic/Koch. Now, the Booth is proud to give you the world premiere of her newest buzz single, She’s Happy, which tells the story of how she got to where she is today. Rotem once again displays why he is the “King of Oldies Interpolation” by sampling Bobby McFerrin’s classic Don’t Worry, Be Happy. Auburn’s untitled major-label debut is currently set to drop in Q1 of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ewww Ewww" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.