Although DJBooth has premiered various hit singles and interviewed some of the urban music industry’s biggest stars, our proudest moments come when an indie artist’s feature leads to a big break with a major-label deal. Such a moment occurred this past January, when Auburn (whose single Eww Eww placed on our Underground charts and was covered by her hometown newspaper) signed a major deal with super-producer J.R. Rotem‘s Beluga Heights label via Epic/Koch. Now, the Booth is proud to give you the world premiere of her newest buzz single, She’s Happy, which tells the story of how she got to where she is today. Rotem once again displays why he is the “King of Oldies Interpolation” by sampling Bobby McFerrin’s classic Don’t Worry, Be Happy. Auburn’s untitled major-label debut is currently set to drop in Q1 of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ewww Ewww" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)