Although DJBooth has premiered various hit singles and interviewed some of the urban music industry’s biggest stars, our proudest moments come when an indie artist’s feature leads to a big break with a major-label deal. Such a moment occurred this past January, when Auburn (whose single Eww Eww placed on our Underground charts and was covered by her hometown newspaper) signed a major deal with super-producer J.R. Rotem‘s Beluga Heights label via Epic/Koch. Now, the Booth is proud to give you the world premiere of her newest buzz single, She’s Happy, which tells the story of how she got to where she is today. Rotem once again displays why he is the “King of Oldies Interpolation” by sampling Bobby McFerrin’s classic Don’t Worry, Be Happy. Auburn’s untitled major-label debut is currently set to drop in Q1 of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 08/19/08
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ewww Ewww" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.