Coming straight from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul is R&B singer Auburn. The 16-year-old began her career as a member of a local group “Loyal” before making the decision to go solo. Now, she introduces her single, Ewww Ewww, from her upcoming solo debut Same Girl. The song is half rap-half R&B, about a girl who turns down a guy who tries to holla her way (he just isn’t her type.) While her songwriting skills still has plenty of room for improvement (second verse is the same as the first, and no third verse—is she waiting for a rap collaborator?), the catchy beat and chorus should still help in her quest to get signed. Look for Auburn as the opening act on Keyshia Cole‘s fall promo tour coming to a city near you.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/07
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.