Coming straight from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul is R&B singer Auburn. The 16-year-old began her career as a member of a local group “Loyal” before making the decision to go solo. Now, she introduces her single, Ewww Ewww, from her upcoming solo debut Same Girl. The song is half rap-half R&B, about a girl who turns down a guy who tries to holla her way (he just isn’t her type.) While her songwriting skills still has plenty of room for improvement (second verse is the same as the first, and no third verse—is she waiting for a rap collaborator?), the catchy beat and chorus should still help in her quest to get signed. Look for Auburn as the opening act on Keyshia Cole‘s fall promo tour coming to a city near you.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/07
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.