Coming straight from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul is R&B singer Auburn. The 16-year-old began her career as a member of a local group “Loyal” before making the decision to go solo. Now, she introduces her single, Ewww Ewww, from her upcoming solo debut Same Girl. The song is half rap-half R&B, about a girl who turns down a guy who tries to holla her way (he just isn’t her type.) While her songwriting skills still has plenty of room for improvement (second verse is the same as the first, and no third verse—is she waiting for a rap collaborator?), the catchy beat and chorus should still help in her quest to get signed. Look for Auburn as the opening act on Keyshia Cole‘s fall promo tour coming to a city near you.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/07
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.