Coming straight from the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul is R&B singer Auburn. The 16-year-old began her career as a member of a local group “Loyal” before making the decision to go solo. Now, she introduces her single, Ewww Ewww, from her upcoming solo debut Same Girl. The song is half rap-half R&B, about a girl who turns down a guy who tries to holla her way (he just isn’t her type.) While her songwriting skills still has plenty of room for improvement (second verse is the same as the first, and no third verse—is she waiting for a rap collaborator?), the catchy beat and chorus should still help in her quest to get signed. Look for Auburn as the opening act on Keyshia Cole‘s fall promo tour coming to a city near you.
Written by Burmy on 08/3/07
Submit your Rating
Beluga Heights/Warner Bros.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.