For many artists, each and every song creation is the byproduct of long hours and hard work. For newcomer Atychi, however, creating a DJBooth-worthy cut is merely Practice. And if this introductory display is just a build up, well, then we relish what lies in waiting for game day. Despite an ever-changing, nuanced production from Dark Angel, the Memphis native’s flow is unwavering and is sure to grab your attention as he spits, unfazed by the unorthodox boardwork. Atychi’s approach to the song is praiseworthy, but what will wow you are his lyrics; his bars are so dense, it will surely take a few listens to soak them all in. So, would Allen Iverson enjoy this Practice, or should Atychi go back to the drawing board and draft a new play? If you are down with the emcee’s refreshing, poetic sound then be sure to check out his Words From The Left Field album, out this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.