For many artists, each and every song creation is the byproduct of long hours and hard work. For newcomer Atychi, however, creating a DJBooth-worthy cut is merely Practice. And if this introductory display is just a build up, well, then we relish what lies in waiting for game day. Despite an ever-changing, nuanced production from Dark Angel, the Memphis native’s flow is unwavering and is sure to grab your attention as he spits, unfazed by the unorthodox boardwork. Atychi’s approach to the song is praiseworthy, but what will wow you are his lyrics; his bars are so dense, it will surely take a few listens to soak them all in. So, would Allen Iverson enjoy this Practice, or should Atychi go back to the drawing board and draft a new play? If you are down with the emcee’s refreshing, poetic sound then be sure to check out his Words From The Left Field album, out this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.