For many artists, each and every song creation is the byproduct of long hours and hard work. For newcomer Atychi, however, creating a DJBooth-worthy cut is merely Practice. And if this introductory display is just a build up, well, then we relish what lies in waiting for game day. Despite an ever-changing, nuanced production from Dark Angel, the Memphis native’s flow is unwavering and is sure to grab your attention as he spits, unfazed by the unorthodox boardwork. Atychi’s approach to the song is praiseworthy, but what will wow you are his lyrics; his bars are so dense, it will surely take a few listens to soak them all in. So, would Allen Iverson enjoy this Practice, or should Atychi go back to the drawing board and draft a new play? If you are down with the emcee’s refreshing, poetic sound then be sure to check out his Words From The Left Field album, out this spring.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/4/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.