Some hip-hoppers enter the game in hopes that the artistic mystique will help them get with more women. For others, however, the work becomes its own object, monopolizing their time but, in return, fulfilling their every need. Such is the case for Birmingham native Attitude; on his latest single, the freestyle series contributor informs hopeful women that he’s already taken – in his own words, “Music Is My Girlfriend.” Backed by J$MiL and Ty Cutta‘s sample of the Ohio Players’ Our Love Has Died (previously flipped in Killah Priest‘s B.I.B.L.E., a personal favorite), Attitude chronicles his love affair with hip-hop, from the artistic struggles and occasional f*ck-ups of his early days to where he now stands, as a seasoned vet. On the back, fellow freestyle alumnus Laws cuts straight to the chase, revealing that not only does he love music, but he also makes love to it (to his wifey’s understandable dismay). With the devotion to his craft the headliner showcases here, I can only imagine the high-quality tuneage that awaits on the Booth-sponsored Key 2 Da Streets Vol. 3: Purgatory. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 02/16/11
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.