Some hip-hoppers enter the game in hopes that the artistic mystique will help them get with more women. For others, however, the work becomes its own object, monopolizing their time but, in return, fulfilling their every need. Such is the case for Birmingham native Attitude; on his latest single, the freestyle series contributor informs hopeful women that he’s already taken – in his own words, “Music Is My Girlfriend.” Backed by J$MiL and Ty Cutta‘s sample of the Ohio Players’ Our Love Has Died (previously flipped in Killah Priest‘s B.I.B.L.E., a personal favorite), Attitude chronicles his love affair with hip-hop, from the artistic struggles and occasional f*ck-ups of his early days to where he now stands, as a seasoned vet. On the back, fellow freestyle alumnus Laws cuts straight to the chase, revealing that not only does he love music, but he also makes love to it (to his wifey’s understandable dismay). With the devotion to his craft the headliner showcases here, I can only imagine the high-quality tuneage that awaits on the Booth-sponsored Key 2 Da Streets Vol. 3: Purgatory. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.