Some hip-hoppers enter the game in hopes that the artistic mystique will help them get with more women. For others, however, the work becomes its own object, monopolizing their time but, in return, fulfilling their every need. Such is the case for Birmingham native Attitude; on his latest single, the freestyle series contributor informs hopeful women that he’s already taken – in his own words, “Music Is My Girlfriend.” Backed by J$MiL and Ty Cutta‘s sample of the Ohio Players’ Our Love Has Died (previously flipped in Killah Priest‘s B.I.B.L.E., a personal favorite), Attitude chronicles his love affair with hip-hop, from the artistic struggles and occasional f*ck-ups of his early days to where he now stands, as a seasoned vet. On the back, fellow freestyle alumnus Laws cuts straight to the chase, revealing that not only does he love music, but he also makes love to it (to his wifey’s understandable dismay). With the devotion to his craft the headliner showcases here, I can only imagine the high-quality tuneage that awaits on the Booth-sponsored Key 2 Da Streets Vol. 3: Purgatory. Keep it locked for release details!
Written by richard on 02/16/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.