Previously heard lending his flow to A$AP Rocky‘s R. Cali, West Coast up-and-comer A$ton Martin makes his first foray in the solo Booth spotlight with new single TLC. Don’t let this cut’s title fool you—it has nothing to do with the ‘90s R&B hitmakers, nor is it particularly tender or loving. On the contrary, lyrical aggression is the order of the day. V. Don‘s chopped strings and clattering hi-hats back A$ton, Flushing phenom Action Bronson and B.K. trio Flatbush ZOMBIES as they annihilate the competition in hard-hitting, tightly-wound verses. In case you’re wondering whether to take their bars personal, the headliner clears things up in his ad-libbed outro: “If you think I’m talkin’ to you, yeah I’m talkin’ to you. Step your brackets up, n**ga!” A$ton 3:16 is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)