Previously heard lending his flow to A$AP Rocky‘s R. Cali, West Coast up-and-comer A$ton Martin makes his first foray in the solo Booth spotlight with new single TLC. Don’t let this cut’s title fool you—it has nothing to do with the ‘90s R&B hitmakers, nor is it particularly tender or loving. On the contrary, lyrical aggression is the order of the day. V. Don‘s chopped strings and clattering hi-hats back A$ton, Flushing phenom Action Bronson and B.K. trio Flatbush ZOMBIES as they annihilate the competition in hard-hitting, tightly-wound verses. In case you’re wondering whether to take their bars personal, the headliner clears things up in his ad-libbed outro: “If you think I’m talkin’ to you, yeah I’m talkin’ to you. Step your brackets up, n**ga!” A$ton 3:16 is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further singles and release details leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 01/30/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.