If getting Lit on a Monday morning is wrong, A$ton Matthews doesn’t wanna be right. Not glimpsed on our pages since liberating his A$ton 3:16 tape back in March, the West Coast buzzmaker returns to spark off our week with a loosie that’s every bit as fiery and intoxicating as its title suggests. Alviar handles production duties on this ominous street banger, complementing the artist’s hard-nosed, español-laced bars with clattering hi-hats and dissonant samples. Lit isn’t attached to a larger body of work (yet), but y’all will be the first to know if and when that changes.
Written by richard on 06/2/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.