It’s a sad day when I have to admit that summer has once again run its course. However, I take solace in the fact that good music doesn’t have an off-season, a fact made evident by the fresh promo single featured today from Atmosphere, making their DJBooth debut today with To All My Friends. Unlike much of their other work, Friends isn’t a track with destructive bass or smothering dark overtones, instead giving the listener mellow guitar-laced production (from Ant, one-half of Atmosphere) that fits the song’s nostalgic theme perfectly. In addition to simply providing quality music, the smooth song also allows us to consider for a moment the twists and turns of life, and how our dreams can often switch sources in midstream. In the case of Slug (the other half of the group), that means, “The turntable stole my heart, burnt the paintbrush, broke it apart”; lucky for us. If this track warmed you up like the last burning embers of the season, be sure to lookout for Atmosphere’s To All My Friends Tour, making its move on America soon.
Written by Sigurd on 08/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.