Last seen celebrating their staying power on June 18’s reader-approved We Ain’t Gonna Die Today, Minneapolis stalwarts Atmosphere are back on our front page with another fresh single off their seventh full-length. On Southsiders, the set’s title track, Ant‘s distorted guitar riffs and gritty boom-bap rhythms accompany Slug as he busts shots at the competition and pays tribute to the ‘hood that made him who he is today. Adam Melby directs the record’s cinematic accompaniment, featuring what may be the cutest firefight ever depicted in a rap video. Fans can find Southsiders and much more on the studio album of the same name, out now via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Written by richard on 08/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.