When a harsh winter is exacerbated by those cold blasts of Canadian air, those in the Northern Midwest scoff at the frigidness by playing smooth and warm tracks like the brand new Somebody, MN, featuring Atmosphere, avant garde crew Kill The Vultures, hip-hop duo Big Quarters and MaLLy. Produced by Atmosphere’s Ant and kicked off by Slug, each emcee takes a turn to glide across the beat like a hockey player over ice. Northern Midwest cities like Minneapolis/St. Paul, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison continue to show why the heart of the country is so vital to hip-hop’s much maligned underground. Not only are the Minne’snow’ta artists laughing at the cold with a new song but they are chuckling at the winter through the latest edition of the “Welcome to Minnesota” tour, which hits 6 MN cities in the month of February. Those willing to brave the elements can grab tickets here.
Written by JC Poppe on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.