When a harsh winter is exacerbated by those cold blasts of Canadian air, those in the Northern Midwest scoff at the frigidness by playing smooth and warm tracks like the brand new Somebody, MN, featuring Atmosphere, avant garde crew Kill The Vultures, hip-hop duo Big Quarters and MaLLy. Produced by Atmosphere’s Ant and kicked off by Slug, each emcee takes a turn to glide across the beat like a hockey player over ice. Northern Midwest cities like Minneapolis/St. Paul, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison continue to show why the heart of the country is so vital to hip-hop’s much maligned underground. Not only are the Minne’snow’ta artists laughing at the cold with a new song but they are chuckling at the winter through the latest edition of the “Welcome to Minnesota” tour, which hits 6 MN cities in the month of February. Those willing to brave the elements can grab tickets here.
Written by JC Poppe on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.