When a harsh winter is exacerbated by those cold blasts of Canadian air, those in the Northern Midwest scoff at the frigidness by playing smooth and warm tracks like the brand new Somebody, MN, featuring Atmosphere, avant garde crew Kill The Vultures, hip-hop duo Big Quarters and MaLLy. Produced by Atmosphere’s Ant and kicked off by Slug, each emcee takes a turn to glide across the beat like a hockey player over ice. Northern Midwest cities like Minneapolis/St. Paul, Detroit, Chicago, Milwaukee and Madison continue to show why the heart of the country is so vital to hip-hop’s much maligned underground. Not only are the Minne’snow’ta artists laughing at the cold with a new song but they are chuckling at the winter through the latest edition of the “Welcome to Minnesota” tour, which hits 6 MN cities in the month of February. Those willing to brave the elements can grab tickets here.
Written by JC Poppe on 12/19/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.