Minneapolis duo Atmosphere rolls in very different circles than Kanye West, but they’ve got more than simply a region in common with the Windy City hip-hop heavyweight. Coming on the heels of early March’s Bitter, the second single off the group’s next full-length finds Slug channeling Yeezy’s indomitable self-confidence, along with his non-f**k-giving attitude, as he deals with the doubt and discouragement coming from a woman in his life. Though he and West are both known to have an affinity for sped-up soul samples, Ant chooses not to take advantage of that synergy, instead serving up a moody, downbeat groove centered around a fuzzed-out guitar loop. How about it, readers: have the Twin Cities vets done this cut’s namesake proud? If you’re leaning toward the affirmative, you’ll most definitely want to cop their Southsiders LP on Tuesday, May 6, when it hits record stores and online retailers via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Written by richard on 04/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.