From Day 1, Atmosphere wasn’t just about breaking the rules. They were about breaking the rulers. Emcee Slug didn’t just tell you about his less than glamorous life while Ant produced beats that would stick to your brain for days, they took you one step further and made you feel it in your bones until you thought you had known them personally for years. On their latest video single, Camera Thief, Slug does away with a hook to provide a profile of his habits and brutally honest views of the world around him that reveals more than any picture you could snap of him would. How else would you get the image of him being ice cream mixed with gasoline? As I watched the Andrew Melby directed video, I couldn’t help but think about the missing Malaysian plane and how Atmosphere would be the ones to find it in the middle of nowhere, adding to the mystique of the visual. This record comes off of the Rhymesayers artists’ recently released deluxe version to their Southsiders album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)