From Day 1, Atmosphere wasn’t just about breaking the rules. They were about breaking the rulers. Emcee Slug didn’t just tell you about his less than glamorous life while Ant produced beats that would stick to your brain for days, they took you one step further and made you feel it in your bones until you thought you had known them personally for years. On their latest video single, Camera Thief, Slug does away with a hook to provide a profile of his habits and brutally honest views of the world around him that reveals more than any picture you could snap of him would. How else would you get the image of him being ice cream mixed with gasoline? As I watched the Andrew Melby directed video, I couldn’t help but think about the missing Malaysian plane and how Atmosphere would be the ones to find it in the middle of nowhere, adding to the mystique of the visual. This record comes off of the Rhymesayers artists’ recently released deluxe version to their Southsiders album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.