From Day 1, Atmosphere wasn’t just about breaking the rules. They were about breaking the rulers. Emcee Slug didn’t just tell you about his less than glamorous life while Ant produced beats that would stick to your brain for days, they took you one step further and made you feel it in your bones until you thought you had known them personally for years. On their latest video single, Camera Thief, Slug does away with a hook to provide a profile of his habits and brutally honest views of the world around him that reveals more than any picture you could snap of him would. How else would you get the image of him being ice cream mixed with gasoline? As I watched the Andrew Melby directed video, I couldn’t help but think about the missing Malaysian plane and how Atmosphere would be the ones to find it in the middle of nowhere, adding to the mystique of the visual. This record comes off of the Rhymesayers artists’ recently released deluxe version to their Southsiders album.
Written by Bryan H on 05/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.