If I were to describe the weather my former city of residence, Minneapolis, is currently experiencing, “Bitterly cold” would be a damn good start. But the chill outside Slug‘s door is downright toasty compared to the frigid little balls of fear and self-doubt his haters have where their hearts should be. On single numero uno off Atmosphere‘s next LP, the frontman has a few words with the covetous wannabes who seem to dog his every step. The duo’s eighth full-length was recorded in Oakland as well as Minne-ap, and the West Coast influence comes through loud and clear in this record’s production. Driven by leisurely drums and staccato keyboard arpeggios, Ant‘s instrumental feels like a callback to 2001-era Dre. For Bitter and much more, cop Southsiders (Deluxe Version) when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.