If I were to describe the weather my former city of residence, Minneapolis, is currently experiencing, “Bitterly cold” would be a damn good start. But the chill outside Slug‘s door is downright toasty compared to the frigid little balls of fear and self-doubt his haters have where their hearts should be. On single numero uno off Atmosphere‘s next LP, the frontman has a few words with the covetous wannabes who seem to dog his every step. The duo’s eighth full-length was recorded in Oakland as well as Minne-ap, and the West Coast influence comes through loud and clear in this record’s production. Driven by leisurely drums and staccato keyboard arpeggios, Ant‘s instrumental feels like a callback to 2001-era Dre. For Bitter and much more, cop Southsiders (Deluxe Version) when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6, via Rhymesayers Entertainment.
Written by richard on 03/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Snake Oil" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.