Atlas Greene is a newcomer to the Booth, but those who choose to listen to his latest project will be intimately acquainted with him by the time it’s through. The project is a “chronological recollection of Atlas’ college life,” depicting his coming-of-age as “a conscious individual trying to find higher truth while being tempted by ignorance.” If that concept isn’t enough to convince you that you need to get familiar with the TapeDeck signee, new single (and Booth debut) Rellos just might do the trick. Kicked off with a snippet from a vintage Newport commercial, this cut finds TAPEDECKERA flipping a hazy sample from Purity Ring’s Saltkin as the artist explores the contradictions between his and his clique’s limited finances, and their aspirations of ballerdom. Orlando-based Booth regular Goose contributes guest bars. Has Rellos piqued your interest? Then click here to stream and/or download Sweaters and Cigarettes, released yesterday via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.