Recent Slip-N-Slide signee and Booth newcomer Atiba channels a little Jerry Lewis on his new single, which finds him shouting, “Hey Lady!” to a woman he’s been admiring from afar. Fortunately for listeners, the record’s both shorter than one of the comedian’s Labor Day telethons and a lot more fun to listen to. From the ridiculously bouncy bassline that drives The Flyntstones’ production to Atiba’s singsong cadence as he slips unpredictably in and out of his native accent, this record is nothing if not unique, and while some might not dig its lighthearted, slightly goofy vibe, I’m pretty sure it’ll be running through my head for the next couple of days. Only recently signed to Slip-N-Slide, Atiba’s forthcoming debut album has yet to receive a title or release date, but that may change if other listeners find Hey Lady as infectious as I did.
Written by richard on 01/20/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Alone ft. Atiba" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)