Recent Slip-N-Slide signee and Booth newcomer Atiba channels a little Jerry Lewis on his new single, which finds him shouting, “Hey Lady!” to a woman he’s been admiring from afar. Fortunately for listeners, the record’s both shorter than one of the comedian’s Labor Day telethons and a lot more fun to listen to. From the ridiculously bouncy bassline that drives The Flyntstones’ production to Atiba’s singsong cadence as he slips unpredictably in and out of his native accent, this record is nothing if not unique, and while some might not dig its lighthearted, slightly goofy vibe, I’m pretty sure it’ll be running through my head for the next couple of days. Only recently signed to Slip-N-Slide, Atiba’s forthcoming debut album has yet to receive a title or release date, but that may change if other listeners find Hey Lady as infectious as I did.
Written by richard on 01/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Alone ft. Atiba" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.