Recent Slip-N-Slide signee and Booth newcomer Atiba channels a little Jerry Lewis on his new single, which finds him shouting, “Hey Lady!” to a woman he’s been admiring from afar. Fortunately for listeners, the record’s both shorter than one of the comedian’s Labor Day telethons and a lot more fun to listen to. From the ridiculously bouncy bassline that drives The Flyntstones’ production to Atiba’s singsong cadence as he slips unpredictably in and out of his native accent, this record is nothing if not unique, and while some might not dig its lighthearted, slightly goofy vibe, I’m pretty sure it’ll be running through my head for the next couple of days. Only recently signed to Slip-N-Slide, Atiba’s forthcoming debut album has yet to receive a title or release date, but that may change if other listeners find Hey Lady as infectious as I did.
Written by richard on 01/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Alone ft. Atiba" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.