Recent Slip-N-Slide signee and Booth newcomer Atiba channels a little Jerry Lewis on his new single, which finds him shouting, “Hey Lady!” to a woman he’s been admiring from afar. Fortunately for listeners, the record’s both shorter than one of the comedian’s Labor Day telethons and a lot more fun to listen to. From the ridiculously bouncy bassline that drives The Flyntstones’ production to Atiba’s singsong cadence as he slips unpredictably in and out of his native accent, this record is nothing if not unique, and while some might not dig its lighthearted, slightly goofy vibe, I’m pretty sure it’ll be running through my head for the next couple of days. Only recently signed to Slip-N-Slide, Atiba’s forthcoming debut album has yet to receive a title or release date, but that may change if other listeners find Hey Lady as infectious as I did.
Written by richard on 01/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Not Alone ft. Atiba" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.