Considering using the recording booth as a venue to sh*t-talk your enemies? Underground beatsmith Astronote and West Coast rapper/producer Blu think you should reconsider. On a new promo single off the former’s latest full-length, Blu reminds listeners that loose words can cost lives, and advises, “You’d better keep them Rhymes on Paper.” To back his collaborator’s cautionary bars, the headliner turns in a mellow, breakbeat-driven groove that shifts gears on the back end. An unknown director’s official visuals round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on Astronote’s Astroblacked LP, available in stores and online as of last Tuesday.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Trouble Little China" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.