Considering using the recording booth as a venue to sh*t-talk your enemies? Underground beatsmith Astronote and West Coast rapper/producer Blu think you should reconsider. On a new promo single off the former’s latest full-length, Blu reminds listeners that loose words can cost lives, and advises, “You’d better keep them Rhymes on Paper.” To back his collaborator’s cautionary bars, the headliner turns in a mellow, breakbeat-driven groove that shifts gears on the back end. An unknown director’s official visuals round out the package. Feeling it? More awaits on Astronote’s Astroblacked LP, available in stores and online as of last Tuesday.
Written by richard on 06/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Big Trouble Little China" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.