If you tell Asto that he’s phenomenal on the mic, don’t expect a “Thank you” in return. More likely than not, the Brooklyn wunderkind‘s response to your compliment will be a curt, “Yes I Know My G.” Coming on the heels of the reader-approved New New York, this freshly-minted mixtape single sees the young rhymesayer delivering bold and arrogant bars over a slow-rolling BMC beat. In a standout line, he shows off his polysyllabic chops as he describes his approach to the fairer sex: “No relationships with funny chicks, I don’t wanna see ya / I try to bang, then poof—onomatopoaeia.” Director Garth Van Glen chronicles the emcee’s reckless behavior in his engaging official visuals. Fans should watch our pages for the latest visual releases from recently-released mixtape Starvin Like Marvin for a Cool J Song , as well as Astro’s upcoming contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.