If you tell Asto that he’s phenomenal on the mic, don’t expect a “Thank you” in return. More likely than not, the Brooklyn wunderkind‘s response to your compliment will be a curt, “Yes I Know My G.” Coming on the heels of the reader-approved New New York, this freshly-minted mixtape single sees the young rhymesayer delivering bold and arrogant bars over a slow-rolling BMC beat. In a standout line, he shows off his polysyllabic chops as he describes his approach to the fairer sex: “No relationships with funny chicks, I don’t wanna see ya / I try to bang, then poof—onomatopoaeia.” Director Garth Van Glen chronicles the emcee’s reckless behavior in his engaging official visuals. Fans should watch our pages for the latest visual releases from recently-released mixtape Starvin Like Marvin for a Cool J Song , as well as Astro’s upcoming contribution to our exclusive freestyle series.
Written by richard on 12/3/13
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.