Astro may be a familiar face in The DJBooth, but the B.K. rap wunderkind is still a Stranger to much of the general public. On a newly-released standout off his latest street album, the artist ponders whether his lyrical talents will propel him into the wider consciousness, or whether his commitment to realness will keep him bubbling below the radar like so many others. Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah mans the boards, serving up a scintillating, sampled beat as the headliner reflects on his alienation from the game. Fresh off lending his flow to Dynasty‘s Star and the Sky, NYC mic-murderer Skyzoo offers a few hard-won pearls of wisdom on the back. Feeling it? This contemplative cut is just one of many bangers to be found on Astro’s Starvin Like Marvin For a Cool J Song, released to the ‘net yesterday for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.