Astro may be a familiar face in The DJBooth, but the B.K. rap wunderkind is still a Stranger to much of the general public. On a newly-released standout off his latest street album, the artist ponders whether his lyrical talents will propel him into the wider consciousness, or whether his commitment to realness will keep him bubbling below the radar like so many others. Boston heavyweight Statik Selektah mans the boards, serving up a scintillating, sampled beat as the headliner reflects on his alienation from the game. Fresh off lending his flow to Dynasty‘s Star and the Sky, NYC mic-murderer Skyzoo offers a few hard-won pearls of wisdom on the back. Feeling it? This contemplative cut is just one of many bangers to be found on Astro’s Starvin Like Marvin For a Cool J Song, released to the ‘net yesterday for free digital download.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.