Oft imitated but never equaled, the DJBooth Freestyle Series ran from February 2009 through June 2011. Its 250 total entries were the work of a veritable who’s-who of underground and emerging emcees, including rising stars like Kendrick Lamar, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller. Now, it’s back for a second round. The seventh entry in the recently-relaunched series comes courtesy of Astro, the Brooklyn wunderkind who brought us Yes I Know My G back in December. On I Don’t Know, an understated synth instrumental by Oris Beats accompanies the emcee as he showcases his mic skills in brisk, braggadocious bars. Astro doesn’t currently have any forthcoming projects on the agenda, but we’ll keep you posted on his 2014 plans as further details emerge.
This exclusive freestyle is brought you by our friends at PLNDR. Sign up now to save on top streetwear brands!
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.