Brooklyn native and former X-Factor contestant Astro might be young, but judging from his latest effort, He Fell Off, it’s clear that the teenage emcee prefers to kick it old school. A new single off his forthcoming mixtape, He Fell Off has a distinct vibe that drips 90’s Golden Era. Maybe it’s because of the visuals, which feature The Astronomical Kid spitting on the streets of New York and in various decrepit buildings, but more than likely it’s because of the emcee’s hard-nosed flow, which he uses to seamlessly rattle off line after line with conviction, despite his tongue-twisting wordplay. Oh, and the ThatLoserLaron production, which features a jabbing drumbeat laced with a jazzy saxophone, probably doesn’t hurt. DeadBeats & Lazy Lyrics is set to drop on February 18, but for more from the rising star feel free to check out November’s Methods.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.