Brownsville, Brooklyn rapper Astro may not have gone on to clench victory on the first season of The X Factor USA, but the teen spitter has gone on to clench numerous other victories including a record deal with Epic Records and even a cameo on CBS’ Person Of Interest. For his Booth debut and the first single from his forthcoming mixtape, Astro lets his absentee father have it on the self-produced Deadbeat. The former music reality competition star doesn’t hesitate in expressing the fact that if his father was aware of his present-day success he likely would have stuck around as he spits, “I’m going extra over beats because I know you watching me/ Fathers, never leave your kids because you never know what they’ll grow up to be.” Although his Epic Records debut may still be in the works, the Brooklyn-based DJBooth newcomer fully plans on releasing his indie mixtape in the near future.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/29/12
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.