Astro may not have been alive before the fall of the Berlin Wall, but that doesn’t stop him from “bringin’ 88 back” on the latest single off his forthcoming EP. Featured in conjunction with some down-to-earth visuals by Dan Centrino, this throwback banger finds the 16-year-old rap wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) unleashing a tightly-knit torrent of retro allusions over the string stabs, sparkling synths and boom-bap percussion of Sammy J.. An iconic vocal snippet from Nas‘s Made You Look rounds out the record’s hook. The Computer Era EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.