Astro may not have been alive before the fall of the Berlin Wall, but that doesn’t stop him from “bringin’ 88 back” on the latest single off his forthcoming EP. Featured in conjunction with some down-to-earth visuals by Dan Centrino, this throwback banger finds the 16-year-old rap wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) unleashing a tightly-knit torrent of retro allusions over the string stabs, sparkling synths and boom-bap percussion of Sammy J.. An iconic vocal snippet from Nas‘s Made You Look rounds out the record’s hook. The Computer Era EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.