Astro may not have been alive before the fall of the Berlin Wall, but that doesn’t stop him from “bringin’ 88 back” on the latest single off his forthcoming EP. Featured in conjunction with some down-to-earth visuals by Dan Centrino, this throwback banger finds the 16-year-old rap wunderkind (and freestyle series alumnus) unleashing a tightly-knit torrent of retro allusions over the string stabs, sparkling synths and boom-bap percussion of Sammy J.. An iconic vocal snippet from Nas‘s Made You Look rounds out the record’s hook. The Computer Era EP has yet to receive a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Written by richard on 08/27/14
Submit your Rating
Grade A Tribe Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.