Introduced to the Booth via last May’s reader-approved Operate, NYC electronic duo ASTR makes its long-awaited return to our pages with new single Blue Hawaii. While the record borrows its title from a 1961 film starring Elvis Presley, there’s nothing retro about its sound. Crew member DJ 88m‘s neon-tinted synth stutters and chopped vocal snippets set the stage for carefree verses delivered through a thick layer of reverb. Topped off with an addictive, instantly-memorable hook (“Everybody, everybody…”), this cut is sure to please Boothgoers with a taste for left-of-center synth-pop. If you’re feeling it, more is just a few clicks away: released earlier this month, ASTR‘s Varsity EP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.