Introduced to the Booth via last May’s reader-approved Operate, NYC electronic duo ASTR makes its long-awaited return to our pages with new single Blue Hawaii. While the record borrows its title from a 1961 film starring Elvis Presley, there’s nothing retro about its sound. Crew member DJ 88m‘s neon-tinted synth stutters and chopped vocal snippets set the stage for carefree verses delivered through a thick layer of reverb. Topped off with an addictive, instantly-memorable hook (“Everybody, everybody…”), this cut is sure to please Boothgoers with a taste for left-of-center synth-pop. If you’re feeling it, more is just a few clicks away: released earlier this month, ASTR‘s Varsity EP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 01/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.