Introduced to the Booth via last May’s reader-approved Operate, NYC electronic duo ASTR makes its long-awaited return to our pages with new single Blue Hawaii. While the record borrows its title from a 1961 film starring Elvis Presley, there’s nothing retro about its sound. Crew member DJ 88m‘s neon-tinted synth stutters and chopped vocal snippets set the stage for carefree verses delivered through a thick layer of reverb. Topped off with an addictive, instantly-memorable hook (“Everybody, everybody…”), this cut is sure to please Boothgoers with a taste for left-of-center synth-pop. If you’re feeling it, more is just a few clicks away: released earlier this month, ASTR‘s Varsity EP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.