Introduced to the Booth via last May’s reader-approved Operate, NYC electronic duo ASTR makes its long-awaited return to our pages with new single Blue Hawaii. While the record borrows its title from a 1961 film starring Elvis Presley, there’s nothing retro about its sound. Crew member DJ 88m‘s neon-tinted synth stutters and chopped vocal snippets set the stage for carefree verses delivered through a thick layer of reverb. Topped off with an addictive, instantly-memorable hook (“Everybody, everybody…”), this cut is sure to please Boothgoers with a taste for left-of-center synth-pop. If you’re feeling it, more is just a few clicks away: released earlier this month, ASTR‘s Varsity EP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!