Though it’s been a long minute since inclement weather spelled a day off for yours truly (Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail can keep The DJBooth from delivering your RDA of fresh tunes), I still remember the wonderful feeling of tuning into the local news on a winter day, waiting with bated breath for my school’s name to crawl along the bottom of the screen and learning I’d have the whole day to myself. Booth newcomer Aspektz knows exactly what I’m talking about; on his latest mixtape single, the T-dot up-and-comer sets out to recapture the excitement of a childhood Snowday—with a few adult twists. Flowing over the upbeat, Chipmunk-sampled grooves of Triple A, Mr. Thoro details day-off activities that range from the innocent (“Annual neighborhood snowball fights, so we buildin’ snow forts till there is no light.”) to the risque (“Candy canes and red wine, naughty Mrs. Claus open like she read my mind…”). Digging this catchy ode to wintertime recreation? Fans can cop the record on iTunes now, as well as grabbing a copy of Aspectz’ Academic Probation 3 street album when it drops in January of next year.
Written by richard on 12/1/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)