That perfect match is never easy to find, but having an idea of what you’re searching for beforehand certainly helps things along. On new single I Want a Love, presented here in its officially remixed form, Minneapolis soul songstress Ashley DuBose imagines what it’ll be like when she finally enters into that dream relationship. Joining her over Jimmy Easy‘s bright, airy production, frequent collaborator and longtime Booth fave Mike Dreams shares his own romantic reflections on the guest tip. This version of I Want a Love is set for inclusion on Dreams’ Youngin’ From ‘88 mixtape, which drops tonight for free via his official site. The project will serve as the official prelude to the August 7, arrival of Dreams’ third indie full-length, Millennial.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Ashley’s Ben Hughes Studios-directed I Want a Love (Remix) visuals.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We'll Be Alright" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.