That perfect match is never easy to find, but having an idea of what you’re searching for beforehand certainly helps things along. On new single I Want a Love, presented here in its officially remixed form, Minneapolis soul songstress Ashley DuBose imagines what it’ll be like when she finally enters into that dream relationship. Joining her over Jimmy Easy‘s bright, airy production, frequent collaborator and longtime Booth fave Mike Dreams shares his own romantic reflections on the guest tip. This version of I Want a Love is set for inclusion on Dreams’ Youngin’ From ‘88 mixtape, which drops tonight for free via his official site. The project will serve as the official prelude to the August 7, arrival of Dreams’ third indie full-length, Millennial.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Ashley’s Ben Hughes Studios-directed I Want a Love (Remix) visuals.
Written by richard on 02/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We'll Be Alright" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.