Since dropping by the Booth with Outside back in May, Asher Roth has been participating in one of the most audacious undercover stings ever undertaken in the history of investigative journalism, infiltrating a shadowy universe of movers-and-shakers to unearth the shocking truth behind one of America’s most beloved pastimes: professional Wrestling Is Fake. OK, OK—like most of us, the Keystone State repper has been aware of that fact since he was eating Dunkaroos at the elementary-school lunch table. Still, fans are sure to enjoy this freshly-released promotional cut, which finds Roth spitting his usual pop-referential lyrical flames over a grainy psych-rock instrumental by longtime collaborator Oren Yoel. Asher fans will be able to catch the emcee live starting in November, when he hits the road on his Fall Clashic Tour.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.