Since dropping by the Booth with Outside back in May, Asher Roth has been participating in one of the most audacious undercover stings ever undertaken in the history of investigative journalism, infiltrating a shadowy universe of movers-and-shakers to unearth the shocking truth behind one of America’s most beloved pastimes: professional Wrestling Is Fake. OK, OK—like most of us, the Keystone State repper has been aware of that fact since he was eating Dunkaroos at the elementary-school lunch table. Still, fans are sure to enjoy this freshly-released promotional cut, which finds Roth spitting his usual pop-referential lyrical flames over a grainy psych-rock instrumental by longtime collaborator Oren Yoel. Asher fans will be able to catch the emcee live starting in November, when he hits the road on his Fall Clashic Tour.
Written by richard on 10/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.