It’s been a long road from Asher Roth‘s 2009 studio debut, Asleep in the Bread Aisle, to his sophomore LP, but there’s finally an end in sight; now titled Retro Hash, the set has been scheduled for release in April. Coming on the heels of December’s Pot of Gold, new single Tangerine Girl sees the Keystone State spitter once again collaborating with Blended Babies. The L.A.-based beat crew utilize many of the same aural elements as they did on the aforementioned cut—airy falsetto vocals, muted rock instrumentation—but imbue their beat with a new sense of urgency by way of driving, four-on-the-floor percussion. Switching deftly between rap and singing, Roth waxes poetic about a certain Clementine-sweet shawty’s effects on his mental, and fantasizes about running away with her to a secluded spot in the country. Retro Hash is slated to hit record stores and online retailers April 22. In the meantime, of course, you can keep it locked for the latest song releases.
Update: We have added the Matt Spicer-directed visuals for Asher Roth’s Tangerine Girl single.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)