I’m not quite sure how Rick James felt about hip-hoppers sampling his music, (yes, I know Eddie Murphy sang it, but see Rick…oh forget it) but I’m convinced that he would’ve approved of new gem Party Girl from Philly’s own Asher Roth. While a solid date hasn’t been revealed for forthcoming sophomore album Is This Too Orange?, his official follow up to debut offering Asleep in the Bread Aisle, it’s clear that he hasn’t lost a step in trying to keep the sophomore jinx out of his circle of success. Oren Yoel handles production on the hard thumping, drum heavy track and a potent guest appearance from fellow Philadelphian Meek Mill adds the perfect amount of spice needed to give Roth the street cred that he may have been lacking in the eyes of critics. Party Girl has not been confirmed as the new lead single from Is This Too Orange?, though it will be available for digital download tomorrow via iTunes. Be sure to check out the DJBooth for any updates on Roth’s upcoming full length, courtesy of new label home Def Jam.
Written by WriterJones on 04/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)