I’m not quite sure how Rick James felt about hip-hoppers sampling his music, (yes, I know Eddie Murphy sang it, but see Rick…oh forget it) but I’m convinced that he would’ve approved of new gem Party Girl from Philly’s own Asher Roth. While a solid date hasn’t been revealed for forthcoming sophomore album Is This Too Orange?, his official follow up to debut offering Asleep in the Bread Aisle, it’s clear that he hasn’t lost a step in trying to keep the sophomore jinx out of his circle of success. Oren Yoel handles production on the hard thumping, drum heavy track and a potent guest appearance from fellow Philadelphian Meek Mill adds the perfect amount of spice needed to give Roth the street cred that he may have been lacking in the eyes of critics. Party Girl has not been confirmed as the new lead single from Is This Too Orange?, though it will be available for digital download tomorrow via iTunes. Be sure to check out the DJBooth for any updates on Roth’s upcoming full length, courtesy of new label home Def Jam.
Written by WriterJones on 04/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.