I’m not quite sure how Rick James felt about hip-hoppers sampling his music, (yes, I know Eddie Murphy sang it, but see Rick…oh forget it) but I’m convinced that he would’ve approved of new gem Party Girl from Philly’s own Asher Roth. While a solid date hasn’t been revealed for forthcoming sophomore album Is This Too Orange?, his official follow up to debut offering Asleep in the Bread Aisle, it’s clear that he hasn’t lost a step in trying to keep the sophomore jinx out of his circle of success. Oren Yoel handles production on the hard thumping, drum heavy track and a potent guest appearance from fellow Philadelphian Meek Mill adds the perfect amount of spice needed to give Roth the street cred that he may have been lacking in the eyes of critics. Party Girl has not been confirmed as the new lead single from Is This Too Orange?, though it will be available for digital download tomorrow via iTunes. Be sure to check out the DJBooth for any updates on Roth’s upcoming full length, courtesy of new label home Def Jam.
Written by WriterJones on 04/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.