When you’re caught up in the daily grind, it’s easy to forget there’s a whole world out there to explore. Even here in Minneapolis, the sun’s shining, the birds are singing, and it’s the perfect temperature to chill in the grass with a good book… f*ck it, I’m going Outside. Uh, once I’m done with today’s features. In any case, Asher Roth certainly isn’t helping me concentrate on my work with his latest feature, a breezy summer jam touting the rejuvenating powers of fresh air and greenery. Over a currently unknown producer’s inspired sampling of indie buzz band Cults’ Go Outside, the Pittsburgh rhymesayer powerfully evokes the feeling of being “locked in the studio while outside is beautiful,” encourages his listeners to tear themselves away from Facebook (not DJBooth, of course) and make some memories. On the back, Roth puts on his nutritionist hat to spit the praises of a vegetarian diet: ”If you’re bummin’, it’s probably ‘cause your food’s not from the earth, cousin.” Released via the artist’s Tumblr on Sunday, this blissfully mellow jam may or may not appear on the artist’s sophomore album and Def Jam debut, Is This Too Orange? Either way, keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the project’s release later this year.
Written by richard on 05/21/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.