As corny and lame as it may be I love awful, cringe-worthy puns and a good play on words, so it’s no wonder I’m a fan of the title of Asher Roth’s latest single, Last of the Flohicans. Of course it’s gonna take more than a clever title to get my head-bobbing, but Last of the Flohicans certainly has it. Setting the stage on this upbeat effort, Blended Babies creates a funky, diverse instrumental dripping with a peppy rock vibe thanks to an intoxicating riff. In between the catchy hook work of Major Myjah, Roth dances atop the boardwork, delivering each tongue twisting bar with speed and accuracy. He may be fleet of
foot flow, but the real power source of this track comes from the indie veteran’s ability to remain laid-back and relaxed, giving it a cool, feel-good aura. Flohicans will appear on the PA native’s RetroHash album, which is produced in-full by Blended Babies and is set to drop next week. The project will also include Fast Life, featured in March.
UPDATE: We’ve added the new Ken Koller-directed visuals to Last of the Flohicans.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.