As corny and lame as it may be I love awful, cringe-worthy puns and a good play on words, so it’s no wonder I’m a fan of the title of Asher Roth’s latest single, Last of the Flohicans. Of course it’s gonna take more than a clever title to get my head-bobbing, but Last of the Flohicans certainly has it. Setting the stage on this upbeat effort, Blended Babies creates a funky, diverse instrumental dripping with a peppy rock vibe thanks to an intoxicating riff. In between the catchy hook work of Major Myjah, Roth dances atop the boardwork, delivering each tongue twisting bar with speed and accuracy. He may be fleet of
foot flow, but the real power source of this track comes from the indie veteran’s ability to remain laid-back and relaxed, giving it a cool, feel-good aura. Flohicans will appear on the PA native’s RetroHash album, which is produced in-full by Blended Babies and is set to drop next week. The project will also include Fast Life, featured in March.
UPDATE: We’ve added the new Ken Koller-directed visuals to Last of the Flohicans.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/6/14
As I talked about yesterday on RefinedHype, I have been pretty excited about Asher Roth's new project, RetroHash. I don't want to be redundantly repetitive so I'll give the abridged version. Basically, it's this, Asher blew...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)