Last Thursday, August 11, Asher Roth sat down with the fam to celebrate the big 2-6. Oh, you forgot to go shopping for a gift? Didn’t even send a thoughtful card? Not to worry—as befitting his grown-ass-manhood, the Keystone State representative knows it’s far better to give than to receive; thus, he’s stepped In[to] the Kitchen with Chuck Inglish to whip up a little something for the occasion. As you’d expect from a joint recorded dans la cuisine between backyard margaritas, the cut boasts a decidedly casual vibe, with the Cool Kids beatsmith’s sparse, sample-laced beat bumping in the back as Roth drops polysyllabically-rhymed bars about… well… stuff. A representative sample: “ Pow pow, down south / How now, brown cow / loudmouth, shout shout, had to knock him out. / Ciao bella, Mau Mau, just put it on my Loud account.” This impromptu jam isn’t set for inclusion on the project, but fans can expect plenty more hot beats and shambolically witty rhymes on Roth’s sophomore set,
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers later this year.
Written by richard on 08/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.