Last Thursday, August 11, Asher Roth sat down with the fam to celebrate the big 2-6. Oh, you forgot to go shopping for a gift? Didn’t even send a thoughtful card? Not to worry—as befitting his grown-ass-manhood, the Keystone State representative knows it’s far better to give than to receive; thus, he’s stepped In[to] the Kitchen with Chuck Inglish to whip up a little something for the occasion. As you’d expect from a joint recorded dans la cuisine between backyard margaritas, the cut boasts a decidedly casual vibe, with the Cool Kids beatsmith’s sparse, sample-laced beat bumping in the back as Roth drops polysyllabically-rhymed bars about… well… stuff. A representative sample: “ Pow pow, down south / How now, brown cow / loudmouth, shout shout, had to knock him out. / Ciao bella, Mau Mau, just put it on my Loud account.” This impromptu jam isn’t set for inclusion on the project, but fans can expect plenty more hot beats and shambolically witty rhymes on Roth’s sophomore set,
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers later this year.
Written by richard on 08/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.