Last Thursday, August 11, Asher Roth sat down with the fam to celebrate the big 2-6. Oh, you forgot to go shopping for a gift? Didn’t even send a thoughtful card? Not to worry—as befitting his grown-ass-manhood, the Keystone State representative knows it’s far better to give than to receive; thus, he’s stepped In[to] the Kitchen with Chuck Inglish to whip up a little something for the occasion. As you’d expect from a joint recorded dans la cuisine between backyard margaritas, the cut boasts a decidedly casual vibe, with the Cool Kids beatsmith’s sparse, sample-laced beat bumping in the back as Roth drops polysyllabically-rhymed bars about… well… stuff. A representative sample: “ Pow pow, down south / How now, brown cow / loudmouth, shout shout, had to knock him out. / Ciao bella, Mau Mau, just put it on my Loud account.” This impromptu jam isn’t set for inclusion on the project, but fans can expect plenty more hot beats and shambolically witty rhymes on Roth’s sophomore set,
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers later this year.
Listen to More: Asher Roth
Written by richard on 08/14/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)