Last Thursday, August 11, Asher Roth sat down with the fam to celebrate the big 2-6. Oh, you forgot to go shopping for a gift? Didn’t even send a thoughtful card? Not to worry—as befitting his grown-ass-manhood, the Keystone State representative knows it’s far better to give than to receive; thus, he’s stepped In[to] the Kitchen with Chuck Inglish to whip up a little something for the occasion. As you’d expect from a joint recorded dans la cuisine between backyard margaritas, the cut boasts a decidedly casual vibe, with the Cool Kids beatsmith’s sparse, sample-laced beat bumping in the back as Roth drops polysyllabically-rhymed bars about… well… stuff. A representative sample: “ Pow pow, down south / How now, brown cow / loudmouth, shout shout, had to knock him out. / Ciao bella, Mau Mau, just put it on my Loud account.” This impromptu jam isn’t set for inclusion on the project, but fans can expect plenty more hot beats and shambolically witty rhymes on Roth’s sophomore set,
The Spaghetti Tree
Is This Too Orange?, scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers later this year.
Listen to More: Asher Roth
Written by richard on 08/14/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.