Asher Roth came on the scene about as far from a serious rapper as you could get. With songs about partying and college life, a lot of true hip-hop fans may have been turned off by any new Roth tracks before they even gave them a chance. However, if you’ve actually listened to the young spitter recently, then you should notice by now he’s actually dope. Asher is set to kick off a new and improved version of himself with the release of his new single G.R.I.N.D., off his upcoming, untitled and unscheduled sophomore album. Made with the help of 1500 or Nothin on the beat, Roth shows that life isn’t all about partying and being immature, and actually spits some knowledge a lot of us can relate to. Although the hook sounds like something from a Visa commercial, this is definitely a step in the right direction. So is he ready for the hip-hop world, or is he destined to be a Van Wilder for life? That’s up to you Booth members.
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)