Asher Roth came on the scene about as far from a serious rapper as you could get. With songs about partying and college life, a lot of true hip-hop fans may have been turned off by any new Roth tracks before they even gave them a chance. However, if you’ve actually listened to the young spitter recently, then you should notice by now he’s actually dope. Asher is set to kick off a new and improved version of himself with the release of his new single G.R.I.N.D., off his upcoming, untitled and unscheduled sophomore album. Made with the help of 1500 or Nothin on the beat, Roth shows that life isn’t all about partying and being immature, and actually spits some knowledge a lot of us can relate to. Although the hook sounds like something from a Visa commercial, this is definitely a step in the right direction. So is he ready for the hip-hop world, or is he destined to be a Van Wilder for life? That’s up to you Booth members.
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/3/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.