Asher Roth came on the scene about as far from a serious rapper as you could get. With songs about partying and college life, a lot of true hip-hop fans may have been turned off by any new Roth tracks before they even gave them a chance. However, if you’ve actually listened to the young spitter recently, then you should notice by now he’s actually dope. Asher is set to kick off a new and improved version of himself with the release of his new single G.R.I.N.D., off his upcoming, untitled and unscheduled sophomore album. Made with the help of 1500 or Nothin on the beat, Roth shows that life isn’t all about partying and being immature, and actually spits some knowledge a lot of us can relate to. Although the hook sounds like something from a Visa commercial, this is definitely a step in the right direction. So is he ready for the hip-hop world, or is he destined to be a Van Wilder for life? That’s up to you Booth members.
Written by JRTheWriter on 06/3/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Change Gonna Come ft. Charles Hamilton & Asher Roth" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.